Wylie Seeds carries a full line of certified oil seeds, cereals and pulses.
Corteva (Pioneer) canola and soybeans are also an important part of our portfolio.
AAC Starbuck VB
Canada Western Red Spring Wheat
Top yielding in wheat in Sask Seed Guide 2021
118% of check
MR rating for fusarium
- Best overall disease package in HRSW
AAC Cameron VB
AAC Cameron has been the top wheat on our farm for two years. It has very good straw strength, is taller than some varieties and it’s easy to thrash.
- Highest yielding CWRS wheat in all provinces with significantly better loding resistance
- Best FHB resistance and lowest DON accumulation in MB Ag study
- Resistance to leaf and stem rust, midge tolerant
- Varietal blend with Carberry for midge-susceptible refuge
- Included in the Warburtons contracting program
AAC Viewfield is the shortest CWRS and stands poker straight, making production and harvest a breeze. It’s a top yielder with good resistance to fusarium head blight (FHB) and sprouting. AAC Viewfield is a high yielding, stand-up bet for all areas of Western Canada.
- Top of class in standability, easy to harvest
- Semi-dwarf and shortest CWRS available
- Very high yielding; up to 109%* of the check
- Intermediate to FHB; a strong base for a fusarium IPM system
- Good sprouting resistance for high grain quality
2-Row Malting Barley
Best FHB resistance in its class with superior yield and short, strong straw
- Malt quality similar to AC Metcalfe, with higher malt extract and friability
- Short, strong straw
- Heavier and plumper kernels
CDC Platinum Star
CDC PlatinumStar contains the LOXISTAR™ characteristic, and is exclusively under an identity preserved conctract.
- CDC Copeland with the LOXISTAR™ characteristic
- Extends the shelf-life of beer
- Low malt peeling vs. check varieties
- Exclusive to Sapporo Breweries in Japan
- Prairie Malt can sell elsewhere in North America
- Best FHB resistance in its class
“Recommended” status from the Canadian Malting Barley Technical Centre
- 16% higher yield than Harrington, 2% higher yield than Manley (1996 – 1998 Coop Trials)
- 3 days earlier maturing than Manley (1 day later than Harrington)
- Moderate resistance to net blotch (similar to Manley)
- Better stem rust resistance than Manley and Harrington
- Excellent malting quality
Yellow Field Pea
CDC Spectrum is a high yielding yellow cotyledon, semi-leafless field pea with improved yield potential, good lodging tolerance and powdery mildew resistance.
- Proven performer
- Steady yield
The perfect package – very high yields and early maturity.
- A yellow field pea suited to every area and situation
- Very good yields
- Early maturity
- Large seed size